Entry-Level Associate or Analyst - Students Graduating in 2018
Summary of Position:
Hamilton Place Strategies (HPS) is a non-partisan consulting firm that works on the most pressing economic public policy issues facing global leaders today. HPS is engaged at the highest levels on issues such as the future of work, the role of finance in the global economy, the value of immigration to growth, improving cross-border policy to facilitate trade, modernizing tax policy, and other issues across a broad range of sectors.
HPS is defined by an evidence-based analytical approach to communications. HPS uses a combination of analysis and communications to understand complex issues, explain these issues to target audiences, and persuade critical stakeholders. Our goal is to improve public understanding of issues, products, companies, and ultimately, decision-making.
HPS is seeking entry-level associates and analysts to join our dynamic team. They will benefit from immediate client exposure and opportunities for professional development, while working in a fun, fast-paced, and challenging environment. They support partners and directors on client teams and contribute to internal firm projects. The successful candidate has strong leadership skills, related internship or full-time experience, and is a curious, proactive, high-achiever looking to improve public policy.
Distinction Between Roles:
While the daily responsibilities are similar in nature, analysts and associates bring different skillsets to HPS. Analysts typically have a background in conducting research, data analysis, and modeling, whereas associates typically have more experience in writing and creating communications products. Over the course of the two year program, analysts and associates will be trained to perform the full suite of research and communications responsibilities. For the purposes of the application, a candidate should apply for the role that best reflects his or her background.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Handle media requests, arrange press interviews, write press releases and op-eds
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key reporters, TV producers, etc.
- Assist with executing events, including press conferences, speaking engagements, editorial board meetings and media trainings
- Draft explanatory materials on complex policy issues for media as well as policy staff
- Write concise memos that present strategies, summarize research, and detail policy landscape
- Develop and execute digital campaigns, such as Twitter and Google, and synthesize results
- Research and monitor clients’ business and industry to maintain a current knowledge base
- Collect, conduct and present quantitative and qualitative research & analysis
- Inform communication and advocacy strategies with policy expertise
- Perform statistical and economic analyses
- Provide feedback to managerial insight/analysis
- Write both short and large-scale reports
- Bachelor's degree in Economics, Public Policy, Political Science/Government, Finance, Business, Journalism, or related field
- For associates: significant internship or full-time experience at an agency, publicly-traded company, media outlet, or on the Hill/Administration
- For analysts: experience conducting research and performing financial or economic analysis, writing and distilling complex ideas and concepts into a digestible format
- Expertise and interest in a specific policy field; familiarity with business, economics, politics and the legislative process
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple, competing priorities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong data management and analytical skills
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite to include Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; experience in designing, implementing, and maintaining Excel spreadsheets that combine multiple data sources a plus
- Willingness to learn new skills and participate in new projects
- Ability to take initiative; motivated and self-starting
- Solid presentation skills and strong attention to detail
Associates and analysts at HPS participate in a two-year leadership program focused on training and learning. The program combines more formal training sessions for soft and hard skills with on-the-job learning through work on client teams and non-client related research projects. In addition to this overall program, associates enjoy the following benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Excellent health care & retirement benefits
- Stipend for public transportation
- Generous paid time off and holiday schedule
- Frequent firm-wide social events and activities
- Excellent environment for learning and growth
HPS is hosting a number of virtual information sessions in mid-September for those who are interested in learning more about our firm. To sign up, please fill out the form here.